At Timpanogos Regional Hospital
Our volunteers provide countless hours of service to the patients, visitors and staff of Timpanogos Regional Hospital. They are an integral part of our hospital family, staffing the Information Desk and Gift Shop, and providing support in various departments throughout the hospital. We appreciate those willing to share their time and talents in support of Timpanogos Regional Hospital and the Orem community.
Interested in Volunteering?
We have many wonderful volunteers with room for more! You should be able to meet the following criteria:
- Age: Volunteer applicants should be 18 years of age or older. Junior Volunteer applicants (16-17 years of age) may be considered to meet a specialized need in the hospital.
- Commitment: Volunteer for one four–hour shift per week. Because of the amount of orientation and training involved, we request a minimum 100–hour commitment (approximately six months) from our new volunteers.
- References: Each applicant must pass the background check.
Contact Us & Apply Today
If you’d like to join our volunteer team, download and print the volunteer application forms below, call the Volunteer Services Director at 801-714-6123, or send an email and include your mailing address. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Timpanogos Regional Hospital Volunteer Application (pdf - 30 KB)
- HCA Consumer Authorization Form (pdf - 35 KB)
Volunteer Opportunity Areas in Hospital
Main Information Desk: Enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers needed at our Information Desk to welcome patients, families and visitors to Timpanogos Regional Hospital. Duties include: assisting patients and visitors with questions, locating patients, giving directions to patient rooms and various offices and services in the hospital; answering phones and assisting callers in locating patients, connecting to patient rooms; using computer to locate inpatients. Plenty of variety makes for an interesting shift!
We have shifts seven days a week from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., 1 p.m. – 5 p.m., and 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Emergency Department: Dedicated volunteers work with our Emergency Department employees to meet patient needs, including assisting with non–clinical duties, prepping rooms for next patient, obtaining and stocking supplies, checking with patients to see if extra blanket or pillow is needed, etc. Volunteers interact with patients, families, staff, etc. This is an excellent learning environment for those considering career in healthcare.
We have shifts seven days a week from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., 2 p.m. – 5 p.m., 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., and 8 p.m. – midnight.