For some women, pre-existing health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or asthma make their pregnancies risky from the start.
But even normal pregnancies can become complicated quickly when unforeseen conditions arise, like pre-term birth, gestational diabetes, or hypertension.
That's why the MountainStar maternal-fetal medicine team delivers a wide array of diagnostic tests and services, right here at Timpanogos Regional Hospital. Learn more about why a "higher risk pregnancy" may require more specialized help.
Personalized to meet the unique qualities of your pregnancy, our comprehensive services include the following:
- Consultations and recommendations
- Regular obstetric ultrasounds
- Detailed ultrasounds
- 1st trimester nuchal translucency screening
- Genetic screening
- Prenatal diagnostic services such as amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling.
- Preconception counseling
- Antenatal testing
- Fetal therapy such as blood transfusions and fetal surgical procedures
If you are concerned about your pregnancy, talk with OB/GYN or certified nurse midwife about maternal-fetal medicine services.